Saturday, February 23, 2013

The headlight is now mounted. Just a 2" piece of 1" angled steel with a few holes for mounting. Also ran some jumpers and lit it up. I will keep the visor on there, looks really nice.



Also made a new rear brake linkage. The stock linkage was too short because the hardtail is 4" longer. I was originally going to just extend the oem linkage, but it would have just turned out ugly with welds and couplers in the middle. So instead, I picked up a 3' length of 1/4" steel rod. You can see in the pic below, I threaded the left side the same amount as the oem linkage. The right side I welded the oem tab onto the rod. The whole assembly came out really nicely. Just need to make a brake stay to keep the brake pad housing from turning with the wheel.






No comments:

Post a Comment