Monday, October 29, 2012

We got back from Disney on Saturday and had a great week. Now I have 2 days off to work on the bike before going back to work Tuesday!

Yesterday I built a platform to mount the bike to make working on it super easy. When I was trying to get it started the first time it was awful sitting on the floor looking up and under trying to gap the points. Before I start, I did not come up with what I built, I wish I did - but no I did not. I got the idea online from the link below. Found it one day randomly searching motorcycle stuff.

http://www.bbcracing.com/old/box/

It started as two 3/4" 4'x8' sheets of plywood, and asked the guy at Lowes to rip em both down the middle lengthwise. Then one of those 2'x8' pieces were cut in half, then a half into halves giving me the following:

3 - 2'x8'
1 - 2'x4'
2 - 2'x2'

I then cut 3/4"x12" slots 3" from the ends of all sheets. 2 long sides got a slit almost in the middle; I lined it up to be center to the motor. Also won't be able to see it but the top piece has a strip of 3/4" on each end to keep it from sliding off.






I'm not going to talk about what it took to get the bike up there.... so lets just pretend that I just picked it up and placed it there. 

Oh and to those curious about battery powered circular saws - I bought a Ryobi 18V combo kit from Home Depot not long ago to build the keezer (kegerator/freezer). I cut almost all 12 slits on 1 fully charged battery while also using that battery on the drill for the ends of all 12 slits. the battery died while cutting the 12th slit and finished it up with a freshly charged battery. (Cutting the oak I used on the keezer was a different story...)

No comments:

Post a Comment