Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Here's the video I took this morning. It is idling pretty high because the choke is on, and at the end of the video I move to the other side of the bike, turn off the choke, and it dies shortly after. I guess it's not getting enough fuel with out the choke a.k.a. "starter" on. That opens a large fuel port on the engine side of the butterfly valve. The carb rebuild kit might help here with new jets or I just need to readjust the mix screw on each carb.


After that I took a few things off; sissy bar and rear blinkers, also had a foot rest/brush guard/I-don't-know-what on the front which I removed too.  I was going to put the chain back on, but found out the last owner cut a link! I hope that if I can get that link out and the chain back together it isn't too short. I don't want to buy a new chain because when the rear hardtail goes on it is extended 4" - a new OEM length chain will be too short for that, and the extended chain I will need later would be too long to ride it now.


Oh - and still no hardtail yet.... thanks USPS.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment