Monday, May 6, 2013

Rode the bike around the yard some more on Saturday. Worked out some kinks, adjusted the carbs, and some other tweaks. That means that I did finish sanding the left side engine cover finally.
I also had to make some adjustments to the e-tank; like moving the voltage regulator off of the battery terminal and onto the accessory terminal on the key switch, and also enlarging the holes that the battery cables pass through to minimize rubbing. I finished off the night with completing the wiring for the tail light to both the front and rear brake switches. Here's a pic how I've been making all the harnesses on this bike. Terminals are crimped and soldered and the heat shrink is adhesive lined which makes it semi-water proof and adds structure.


On Sunday I didn't get a whole lot done, I drilled/filed the hole for the kill switch that will be on the right hand side of the handle bars. That was a TON of work trying to precisely file a square-ish hole in stainless tubing! I'm also kinda stuck because I need some more of the sheathing to make things neater in the front end and I don't want to run wires without it.

Up next...

  • Wiring up the kill switch harness.
  • Headlight harness to the left handle bar grip where there will be a high/low beam toggle switch and a horn button. 
  • Make the speedometer bracket, then it will be wired along with the high beam and neutral LED indicators as a unit with harness. 
  • Ugh, almost there.

OH - and you know you live in farm country when a local accident involves a John Deere!


I took this picture at the end of our driveway. I didn't even hear the accident until traffic had backed up to the driveway. Looks like the white Impreza hit the tail end of the plow knocking the wheel sideways.

No comments:

Post a Comment